It is a national masterplan established to promote the national policies for health promotion and disease prevention. To this end, it selects Visions, Overarching Goals, Basic Principles and Topic Areas which promotes consistent health policies to achieve the foregoing objectives.
Background & Progress
An advance plan for the next 10 years (’21-’30) was established in accordance with Article 4 of the 「National Health Promotion Act」. The National Health Plan systematically links health promotion-related policies based on other laws and regulations to achieve the general goals of health policies
Periodic planning undertaken every 10 years from 2002, with supplementary plans every five years. The 4th plan was evaluated and future directions were discussed(’17-’19); subcommittees were organized to prepare the 5th plan(’20).
The National Health Promotion Policy Deliberative Committee made a resolution on December 22, 2020.
|Division||Health Plan 2010||Health Plan 2020||Health Plan 2030|
|First (2002-2010)||Second (2006-2010)||Third (2011-2020) and Fourth(2016-2020)||Fifth(2021-2030)|
|Vision||Society that Realizes Healthy Longevity over 75 Years of Age||Healthy World that Everyone Enjoys||Healthy World Where All people Enjoy Together||A society where everyone enjoys life-long health|
|Overarching Goals||Extension of Healthy Life Expectancy (66.0years in 2002 → 75.1 years in 2010)||Extension of Healthy Life Expectancy (67.8yearsin2005→72.0 years in 2010)||Extension of Healthy Life Expectancy (71.4 years in 2010 → 75.0 years in 2020)||Extending healthy life expectancy and promoting health equity|
|-||Improvement on Health Equity||Improvement||Improvement on Health Equity|
|Leading Health Indicators||-||12||16||19||64|
|Divisons/Topic Areas/Projects||6 Divisions 39 Projects||4 Divisions 24 Topic Areas 108 Projects||6 Divisions 32 Topic Areas 140 Projects||6 Divisions 27 Topic areas 140 Projects||6 Divisons 28 Topic Areas 83 Projects|
Framework of the 5th National Health Plan
A Society Where Everyone Enjoys Life-long Health
Extending Healthy Life Expectancy and Promoting Health Equity
- 1To consider health in all policies (HiAP) at the national and local levels.
- 2To improve population health while promoting health equity.
- 3To provide application through the life-course, and with setting approach.
- 4To develop an environment that fosters health.
- 5To guarantee opportunities for anyone to participate and build, and to enjoy together.
- 6To interact and cooperate with all related sectors.
Healthy Lifestyle Practices
- 1Tobacco use
- 2Alcohol use
- 4Physical activity
- 5Oral health
Mental Health Management
- 9Community mental health
Prevention & Management of Non-communicable Diseases
- 11Cardiocerebrovascular disease
- 13Injury prevention
Prevention & Management of Infectious Disease and Health Impact of Climate Change
- 14Prevention and management of infectious disease
- 15Preparation and response to infectious disease crises
- 16Health impacts of climate change
Health Management by Population Group
- 18Children and adolescents
- 20Older adults
- 21People with disabilities
- 22Working population
Establishment of Health-friendly Environment
- 24Fostering a health-friendly legal system
- 25Improvement of health literacy
- 26Application of innovative information technology
- 27Financial management and operation
- 28Expansion and supplementation of resources, and establishment of governance in communities